Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Class of 2010.

So it seems like most of the arguments I get into with my parents and my boyfriend are about college and stuff like that. My mom and I were talking yesterday and she was trying to tell me I had to do it all on my own. Her exact words were "Your 18 you need to do it yourself no one's going to hold your hand." Really mom, because the last time I checked nothing was going to change when I turned 18. Why is it that when she doesn't want me to go somewhere or do something it doesn't matter how old I am I abide by her rules but as soon as I ask for help I'm a big girl and can do it myself.
I've never said I didn't need help just because I'm one year older doesn't mean I learned everything there is to know in life over-night. I'm still a kid and I'm really not ready to make a decision about the rest of my life just yet. I need help! I don't need someone to do everything for I just need someone to be there with me through the process and it seems like no one wants that responsibility. Why should all of it be on my shoulders? Three months ago I was still a "child" and one day passes and I'm an adult and I have adult responsibilities. I'm still in high school why are people putting so much pressure on me when they aren't even willing to help me out just a little.

No comments: