Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Nicknames...

There's one nickname I've had since I was probably three....Andi. I really used to hate it because it made me feel like people thought I was a boy. It doesn't really bother me now, but that could be because no one really calls me that anymore.
When I was born my mom really want to give me a name that could have a boy nickname. Why? I have no clue but it stuck and everyone in my family started calling me Andi. It was one of my biggest pet peeve and I'm pretty sure at one point I got so angry I stopped answering to it.
Eventually I had friends who discovered my nickname and started using it as well. So basically I got used to it and I don't really care anymore, Except when people I really don't like try to use it.
That drives me crazy.

5 comments:

bhsartgc.blogspot.com said...

Wow that stinks, i would hate being called a name that sounds like the opposite sex.

Savannah said...

When I was born my grandpa used to call me nicky because my middle name is nickole but my mom hated it and made him stop. Thats not bad like Andi tho lol, I would hate that

Rell said...

I really feel you on that. I used to feel the same way. Now no one knows about. I don't plan on telling.

Bay said...

That stinks that everyone called you Andi, when you hated it. I agree with you about people you don't like trying to call you by your nickname,that drives me crazy when people I don't like try to call me by my nickname! Good Job!!

Edgar(Danny) said...

That would be irritating to me too. It's kind of unfortunate that you had to get used to, but at least it doesn't bother you any more.