Monday, January 25, 2010

Someone who lit a match.

In all my years in school I have had amazing english teachers, but there are two that stand out. Mrs. McGovern, my creative writing teacher my sophomore year and Ms. Ladd my english teacher last year and this year.
Mrs. McGovern was a HUGE poetry person and before her class I was not. She was obsessed with giving us ridiculous poem topics like making a sandwich or walking to school. For the first week or two I hated her class and almost switched out. Then my friends mom died and ever peom or story I wrote in her class was about her dying. Eventually I think Mrs. McGovern got kinda creeped out and pulled me aside and told me "It's good that you're grieving, because everyone does, but she wouldn't want your life to revolve around the fact that she's gone" and she was right. So she basically helped me move on.
And of course Ms. Ladd is another awesome english teacher I've had. There's so much to say but basically she's awesome, if I ask her for help she helps me, you can tell she cares about he students, and she shares me obsession with cheerleading! ; )

No comments: