Friday, November 20, 2009

My Hero.

So I'm supposed to write about a hero in our life, and The first person who popped into my head is Barbara Urban. Barb was my friend Alex's mom. She died of cancer in 2007. She was a good friend of mine and she was an amazing and strong woman. She was my youth group leader for a couple of months before she got really sick. She went into Hospice and died a couple months later. She struggled with her cancer for almost two years and I admire her and look up to her for how strong and positive she was throughout her sickness.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry barb died of cancer, it's a hell of a disease, but at least she's no longer in pain and inspired you so much as to be your hero.

Rell said...

It's amazing how someone that has gone through such pain can still have a big impact on others. I admire that deeply

e m i l y y said...

My nana died of cancer a few years ago...it's really hard to lose someone to a degenerative disease like cancer. I'm sorry for your loss.