Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My letter to a freshman.

Let's see, My freshman year seemed like it was just yesterday but i don't really remember much about it. Freshman year isn't really as exciting as everyone says. I'm sure any one you ask will tell you they don't remember much about it. My freshman year I went to school at Cardinal Mooney High School. I was friends with good kids and I was one of the two freshman on varsity cheerleading. In a catholic school you would think no one has sex or does drugs, But whoever came up with that obviously did not go to a catholic school.
My freshman class at Mooney was the most hated class probably in the history of incoming freshman. My class was loaded with girls who wanted to date senior boys and boys who thought smoking weed would make friends. I think the only reason I avoided these decisions was that i had friends that kept me grounded. None of my friends like drinking or partying like the rest of our class, This is why we bonded.
In your freshman year you have to be careful who you associate yourself with and it's is critical to evaluate the people you call friends. My advice would be to join as many clubs and activities as you can. It will seem pointless but in your senior year you will thing it's the best thing you ever did. I'm in my senior year now and I am thanking myself for every little thing I did as a freshman. People will tell you no one looks at what you do your freshman year but trust me the things you get involved in when you're in ninth grade will help you a ton in twelfth grade.

10 comments:

Taylor Berkey said...

good job anndria. a lot of this reminded me of my freshman year. you last sentence is so true.

bhsartgc.blogspot.com said...

Actually i disagree, i think alot of people do remember there freshman year, because it was the first year of our High School life. I do really like how you said that as a freshman you should join alot of clubs. That is so true, because you will then have alot to put down for colleges to see.

BECK said...

That was great. Color scheme is amazing.

bhsartdc.blogspot.com said...

Good Job Anndria. I like the point about the drugs and the alcohol. Its good that you didn't get into any of that stuff.

Corey0314 said...

Even though I couldn't relate I like the advice you gave. It must be a lot different coming to a public school from a catholic school.

Bay said...

Good job Anndria, I think it's good, and the freshman will find it useful! I don't think a lot of people would think Cardinal Mooney is like that.

Rell said...

So very true, good thing you didn't get caught up with the wrong crowd. Freshmen should take your advice.

3RICK said...

Like every other person commenting, I think this is some great advice. The only difference is that I'm a freshman and they're all, most likely, seniors. All these details about your freshman year is very descriptive. I don't drink or smoke so that's good. Making all these decisions makes it very complicated because, like you said, they will reflect on me in the future. So thank you for the helpful advice :)

Braden said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Muriel said...

You did a really good job. I'm a freshmen and you have given me great advice. I'm also taking sports and joining clubs and I have made many new friends. That's how I made one of my new friends and she's practically my best friend now. The club I'm in is sorta my sanctuary and I'm sure you might have felt the same way because you can hang out with your friends and make new friends, too. I'm looking forward to my years of high school. I plan on getting honor roll and going to a good college. I wish you luck after high school.